Visit us at our new location!
http://www.carbongeek.com


Friday, January 21, 2005

You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge


File under: Go figure.

Nina Gordon -- excuse me, who? -- records a folk version of NWA's Straight Outta Compton. It actually is pretty amusing; kind of reminds me of Mary Lou Lord. Although, I have to admit it's a little awkward listening to a white girl say "n*gger" so much on one song. She also unfortunately only covers Ice Cube's verse, ignoring both MC Ren and Eazy-E.

Listen to the mp3

UPDATE: Reader Maximus Aurelius writes: "Nina Gordon is an ex-Veruca Salt cutey. Not related to Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth." Thanks, Max!

11 Comments:

Blogger Travis said...

That made me violent.

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

extraordinarily high quality literature

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhhhh...I don't think someone who hasn't heard of nina gordon is in position to pull rank on anyone else.

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! I own NWA Straight Outta Compton and that was a big disappointment to the rap community! I believe in mixing different genres of music, but this one wasn't one of those songs that I would make into a folk song. I mean wtf was she thinking? To listen to that song you would have to be on crack. I suggest she stop now b4 she makes another gangsta rapper turn in their grave! Somebody ought to send a copy to Dr. Dre and get his thoughts.

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info »

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Buy Levitra said...

Great article! Thanks.

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Phentermine said...

Thanks for interesting article.

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonimous said...

Nice! Nice site! Good resources here. I will bookmark!

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Maxwells said...

I see first time your site guys. I like you :)

2:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonimous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!

4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home